Are you looking for GCSE English Tuition?
– District Tuition, we provide one-to-one, tailored tuition online and face-to-face for students struggling with GCSE English. Our tutors have a wealth of experience teaching and delivering the best possible tuition for GCSE English.
– District Tuition is a small team of inspiring English tutors passionate about helping students achieve their goals. We will work closely with you to develop an individualised programme that suits your needs, abilities and aspirations.
– You’re not alone when it comes to struggling with English! But we know how important these exams are, so we ensure our tutors provide an excellent service that will give you the confidence you need to succeed at them. With us by your side, there’s no reason why you can’t achieve great results!
Struggling? Doing OK? High Achiever?
We are here to help you improve your grades, whatever your abilities. With us by your side, there’s no reason why you can’t achieve great results!
GCSE English Tuition
Our English GCSE specialist tutors are highly experienced with the various exam boards. We cover GCSE English from the exam boards Edexcel (Language & Literature), AQA (Language & Literature), and OCR (Language & Literature).
English is a critical component in all subject areas, not just for GCSE English. Children will need to use their English skills to write a scientific report, a history essay, a persuasive letter, or present an idea and respond to questions.
GCSE English Language
There are two papers each student has to sit in the summer of their Year 11.
Paper 1: Explorations in Creative Reading and Writing
Paper 2: Writer's Viewpoints and Perspectives
With District Tuition, during GCSE English Language sessions, we help students to write effectively and deploy figurative language, and we work on being able to compose grammatically correct sentences.
– Analysing and comparing texts and writing effectively for different purposes and audiences.
– Summarising ideas and information from a single text and synthesising from more than one text.
– Evaluating a writer’s choice of vocabulary, form, grammatical and structural features, thus making them a stronger candidate to secure a higher grade in their GCSE English.
– Being encouraged to use language creatively, imaginatively and persuasively, thus producing clear and coherent text.
– Developing writing effectively for different purposes and audiences.
GCSE English Literature
The students will be studying texts which they need to be able to understand and read critically. Our experienced GCSE English tutors will help students to compare critically and contrast the texts they are studying.
– Analysing and evaluating how language, structure, form and presentation contribute to quality and impact within the texts and writing effectively about literature for various purposes.
– Helping students to overcome exam nerves and to adopt effective revision strategies to get the best possible grade in their GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature.
– Providing a strong English foundation for students who study this subject at a higher level Post-16.
Contact us for further information on how District Tuition supports your child’s GCSE English Language or GCSE English Literature.
Interested? Want to book a GCSE English Lesson?
We have plenty of opportunities for daytime lessons and after-school lessons. If you send us a tutor request form, we usually try to call you back as soon as possible and have a quick chat about the specifics of tuition you are looking for, and we can discuss then what options there are for you.
I am writing to thank you for helping my son accomplish his goals and getting the gcse grades he needed first time. My son found District Tuition a very relaxed and casual place to learn and the tutors are very friendly, open and honest. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs to improve on there maths and English. “Thanks for doing what you do!” Tommy Mann
District Tuition are fabulous tutors. Their approach is unique, fun and engaging. My daughter looks forward to her lessons and is growing in confidence because of Desmond's positive teaching style. He has a very friendly and upbeat personality and is great at building children up, helping them to fulfil their potential. He is exactly what I was looking for and I couldn't be happier with my choice. Keep up the good work. 👍 5 stars from the Rourke's 😊
I recommend 100 per cent. Des was flexible, understanding and motivational. He had great rapport with my son and we were delighted with GCSE results.
Amazing couple! Super helpful. They make maths fun and easy to understand. 100% pass marks thank you very much. Highly recommend